The table laid for Paul's birthday: Lemonade*, Brandy Cheesecake and Bourbon Pecan Pie
Showing off my vintage tablecloth
A slice of Brandy CheesecakeBrandy Cheesecake
- The 9" springform pan is coated with 2 tablespoons of very soft butter.
- The butter is coated with soft breadcrumbs (from my English White Bread) and a teaspoon of sugar.
- The cream cheese should be softened enough so that sugar can be stirred in with a spoon and you don't have to get a mixer dirty!
- Stirring in eggs and vanilla
- Sifted flour is folded in.
- After batter is poured into pan, nutmeg is grated over the top.
- Just out of the oven
- Chilled and ready to cut
*from the recipe in my 1950 Betty Crocker cookbook