I love cookies straight from the oven, so since there are only two of us, I freeze a lot of cookie dough so that I can bake just a few cookies at a time. Here are the steps:
1. Make a cookie dough that freezes well. (Like these Chocolate Chip Cookies)
2. Cover a baking sheet with tin foil, wax paper, or parchment paper (whichever you have on hand).
3. Scoop mounds of cookie dough onto baking sheet, placed close together but not touching.
4. Freeze for a few hours.
5. Remove the baking sheet from the freezer and place balls of dough into a tupperware-type container in layers separated either by plastic wrap, parchment paper, or wax paper:
6. Return to freezer for up to 3 months.
1. Line a baking sheet with parchment paper and place the number of cookies you would like to bake on the sheet.
2. Heat the oven to the temperature on the recipe.
3. When oven registers correct temperature, place dough in oven and cook for time on recipe.
Very very simple! (These steps have been adapted from Cook's Illustrated April 2005 p. 17)