Both awards ask that I tell seven things about myself, so here goes:
- I have a B.A. in History from the University of Oklahoma. I mostly studied early modern England and Scotland.
- I have a B.A. in French, as well. I'm currently working on my German and I used to be able to read Latin. Need to work on that next!
- I don't work. I love staying at home, but sometimes I have a hard time squaring my traditional domestic arrangement with my political views!
- The lovely man who makes #3 possible is my husband, Paul. As of this week, we've been together seven years. He never objects to the food I cook or to all the old stuff I buy.
- I knit almost every day (I'm Ecossaise over at Ravelry). I have sewn things in the past, but my skills need a serious boost. I'm not interested in knitting for its therapeutic properties--I just want the clothes.
- I set my hair in pin curls twice a week using a modified version of this set. When I want a change, I use enormous velcro rollers for a 60s-inspired hairdo.
- Despite my love of vintage, I'm not a good thrift store shopper. I always feel overwhelmed and much prefer antique stores, estate sales and the internet.
This week's stylish blogger:
Iz bakinog ormara
This week's versatile blogger:
The Flapper Girl